Terms and Conditions
This website is operated by IELTSTutors.org (the “Company”). For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Service” refers to the Company’s service which can be accessed via our website at www.ieltstutors.org or through our mobile application. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of the Service.
PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
We reserve the right to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction, and may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We also reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited. Although we have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear on the Service, we cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate. We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased through the Service. Such restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made through our Service. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
We may provide you with access to third-party tools, which we neither monitor nor over which we have any control nor input. You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools “as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. As a result, we shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the Service is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
Our Service may include materials from third-parties and third-party links available through the Service may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of, and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for, any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
By posting comments through the Service, you agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yo
urself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments or other information posted by you or any third-party.
ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
From time to time there may be information available through the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to, among other things, product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Company does not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. To the extent permitted by law, we may make and preserve copies of any information or any other content or data you provide through the Service for internal back-up and other legal or regulatory purposes. However, neither the Company nor Weebly is obligated to preserve copies of such information, content or other data.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Service is at your sole risk. The Service and all products and services delivered to you through the Service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement, in each case to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In no case shall the Company, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the Service or any products procured using the Service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the Service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
NOTICE FOR USERS IN CALIFORNIA
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Service from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Student Terms for Private Courses (Simplified)
- $37 per lesson. 1 lesson = 1 hour.
- You should never pay the tutors directly.
- Refunds are possible.
- You may change tutor at any time, but there will be no refund for lessons taken with previous tutors, and the first lesson for each tutor will include a needs-analysis and study-plan creation.
- After purchase, we will email you to ask you about your tutor preferences and confirm these terms. You must reply to this email.
- Then, your tutor will contact you to arrange your first lesson.
- During the first lesson, you and the tutor will create a schedule and study plan.
- After the first lesson, your tutor will email the study plan to you – if you do not request changes, then this indicates binding agreement of the study plan between you and the tutor.
- All materials come from your tutor – please follow all instructions and do the required homework if it is set. If you do not, the tutor may request to cancel the study plan with him/her and you will be given a new tutor.
- If a new tutor is required, then a new study plan and schedule will be created in the first lesson, and the new study plan and schedule will consist of the total number lessons purchased minus the number of lessons already conducted by previous tutors, including any lessons which were cancelled due to late communications (within 3 hours of the scheduled lesson start time) from the student.
- Maximum one writing task feedback is allowed per lesson.
- You must provide feedback on their study plan and tutor.
- If you want to cancel or re-schedule a lesson, you must contact your tutor more than 3 hours before the lesson. If you don’t, you might lose that lesson without refund.
- If you cancel more than 3 hours before the lesson and less than 24 hours before the lesson, 3 times in 10 lessons, you might lose the lesson without refund.
- There is no penalty for cancelling or rescheduling more than 24 hours before a lesson.
- If there are any problems, please contact your tutor to negotiate a reasonable solution.
Student Terms for Private Courses (In Full): the written agreement between the Student and the Tutoring Department of IELTSTutors.org
- $37 per lesson is paid directly to the Tutoring Department of IELTSTutors.org, who then pay the tutors. Students do not pay the tutors directly. 1 lesson = 1 hour of tutoring.
- Refunds may be permitted if the student emails a statement to [email protected] describing the reasons why the refund is being requested.
- After a student purchases lessons, they will be contacted firstly by a member of the Tutoring Department at IELTSTutors.org to confirm contact details, answer questions about the student’s preferences, and confirm agreement with these terms. Failure to respond will result in the delay of your lessons.
- If a student purchases lessons but does not receive an email from [email protected], then the student should send an email to [email protected].
- The management team at IELTSTutors.org will try to match the student with a tutor, and the student’s contact details (email/phone) are then given to the tutor to use for contacting the student.
- When the tutor contacts the student, they will arrange a time to meet via video call. This will be the first lesson. During the first lesson, the tutor and student will conduct a needs-analysis, and discuss the study plan and schedule for the remaining lessons paid for by the student. If the student only pays for one lesson, then the tutor will also advise the student on further action, including returning to the IELTSTutors.org website and paying for further lessons.
- Tutors are responsible for putting the study plan into written format, in the form of a schedule, to be shared with the student. The student not requesting any amendments or indicates contractual agreement of the study plan between the student and the tutor.
- Tutors will provide all materials, and students are expected to follow their tutor’s instructions, including doing homework outside of lesson time. Should the student fail to comply, the tutor may request to cancel the study plan, in which case a new tutor will be allocated to the student.
- Students may request writing task feedback at a maximum of one task per lesson. Any more than this will be at the discretion of the tutor.
- Students will be contacted regularly to provide feedback on their experiences with tutors. Failure to respond may result in the student forfeiting the remainder of his/her lessons without refund, and may result in payment delays for tutors.
- Should the student refuse further study sessions with the tutor, or there is a breakdown in relations between the student and the tutor, the student may be allocated a new tutor.
- In the event of a new tutor being allocated to the student, the number of lessons held between the student and any previous tutors will be deducted from the new study plan created with the new tutor, against the total number of lessons purchased. This includes any lessons in which cancellation is not received prior to three hours before a scheduled lesson.
- Should the student fail to give notice of absence or request re-scheduling prior to three hours before a pre-arranged lesson, the tutor may cancel the lesson without refund.
- Should the student or teacher give notice of absence or request re-scheduling prior to three hours before a pre-arranged lesson, the student and the tutor will re-schedule the lesson.
- If a student cancels or requests rescheduling prior to three hours before, and within 24 hours of a pre-arranged lesson, 3 times within a 10 lesson stretch, the tutor may cancel the lesson and it may not be reimbursed.
- Evidence of any breaches in the arrangements of lessons (absences) must be provided (i.e., screenshots of messages or screen-cast videos clearly indicating time and date and visualising the absence or breach) in order to determine the appropriate outcome.
- Should the lesson be interrupted due to internet connection failure or technical failure, the tutor and student should connect immediately via a different ISP or device to confirm the failure and make a decision to continue the lesson or re-schedule (for the number of minutes lost). If one of the parties does not connect within 10 minutes of the failure, or the reason for the terminated connection is not due to technical issues, then the other party may decide on further action (re-scheduling for the number of minutes lost, or cancellation).
These terms are our guidelines in protecting both the students and the tutors from malicious intentions. However, we trust that our users, both students and tutors, are of a genuine and trustworthy nature and do not have any malicious intentions, and we therefore hope that we can enjoy a productive and positive experience for both. Our goal is to provide a safe and happy learning environment, for both the students and the tutors, so we have faith that any issues arising can be resolved in a peaceful, productive and reasonable manner, between the student and the tutor.
If you have any questions please contact The Tutoring Department of ieltstutors.org: [email protected]
You may contact us at IELTSTutors.org, Woodside, Farringdon, Exeter, Devon, UK, EX5 2JA.