Today’s post contains another 8 useful collocations. Test yourself and make an effort to learn any of the collocations which are new for you. Remember, you should be aiming to learn about ten to fifteen new words a week as you prepare for the IELTS test.
complete the sentences
- Which two categories do mammals fall into?
- Talk for a minute. In your talk, touch on the reasons why you like the house or apartment in which you live now.
- Briefly summarize the plot of a film which you saw recently.
- What case can you make for children to learn fewer subjects at school?
- Have you ever seen someone get into trouble for not obeying the law?
- What safety regulations do you have to comply with when travelling on an airplane?
- Have you ever carried out an investigation into something in class or at work?
- Do a large proportion of people in your country speak a foreign language?
Repetition is important to remember new words. Go back through our other collocations quizzes to strengthen your memory and confidence in using that vocabulary.