- After certain verbs such as ‘enjoy/admit/complete’: They admitted breaking the window.
- After a preposition: I’m interested in astronomy.
- As the subject of a sentence: Swimming is my favourite sport.
- After certain expressions such as ‘can’t stand/can’t bear/don’t mind/look forward’: I don’t mind studying.
- After certain verbs such as ‘choose/want/agree’: she agreed to help me with my project.
- To express the purpose for an action: I am saving money to buy a new car.
- After it + to be + adjective/noun: It is fun to go to the cinema.
So how did you do? Leave a comment and let us know.
- What are you good at?
- Have you ever had a pet that was hard to look after?
- What subjects at school weren’t you keen on?
- What jobs at home or in the garden can’t you stand doing?
- What are you looking forward to in the near future?
We hope you enjoyed this quiz. Now let’s move on to Gerund or Infinitive Quiz 3.