We will now look at comparatives and superlatives. Accurate use of comparatives and superlatives is essential to get a band 5 or higher in both speaking and writing so review what you know about this grammar with the information below and then try out the interactive quiz.
Complete the sentences below by using the correct comparative or superlative form of an adjective from the box. Type your answers in the boxes, and don’t forget your capital letters.
Some adjectives can be used more than once. Write no more than 3 words.
Record yourself answering the following questions. Listen back to the recording for mistakes and then try again. When you have finished, listen to Tom and Sam answer the questions. What interesting vocabulary do they use? Can you copy their pronunciation?
- What is the best movie you have ever seen?
- What is the easiest way for you to get to your place of work or campus?
- What is the best way to improve your English?
- Who is the most honest person you know?
- What is the best place for shopping in your country?
- What is the longest journey/trip you have ever been on?
Here are Sam and Tom’s answers: