Today’s post will:
- Help you to analyze bar charts.
- Provide you with useful linking phrases for contrasting data.
- Test your ability to contrast data.
- Provide some useful vocabulary for talking about age groups.
- Give you a graph to write about and the option to receive some feedback on your writing.
First we must understand the graph. It is very important that we do this before we begin writing. Test how well you understand the graph with the true or false interactive questions below.
Our Grammar and Vocabulary Notes
…are followed by clauses (For example: …whereas the film society is equally popular with both.)
- age group
- age bracket
…are all synonyms.
- if you are signed up to a group, then you are a member of the group.
- a broader range
- a wider range
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
You must write at least 150 words.
For more on task 1, learn how to use vocabulary for data and figures here.
We hope you found today’s post useful. Feel free to explore our website for more great lessons!