Useful Collocations | Quiz 6
In Quiz Question 2, we can also use ‘draw’ a connection.
In Quiz Question 3, we use ‘affect‘ rather than ‘effect‘ because affect is typically used as a verb and effect is typically used as a noun.
If you don’t use new vocabulary, you are likely to forget it. You should record yourself answering the following questions as this will help you to remember the new vocabulary and help you to prepare for possible questions in the IELTS speaking text. Listen back to the recording for any errors you make.
- What is the most powerful argument for using public transport?
- What are the main components of your favourite food?
- How does exercise positively affect your health?
- What should you bear in mind when you are writing an IELTS task 2 essay?
- Has anyone ever cast doubt on an opinion of yours?
Want more practice? Go to Collocations Quiz 7!