It has been some time now since we focused on learning any new collocations, so today I have 8 more very useful collocations which can be used in both speaking and writing. Remember, you should be aiming to learn about ten to fifteen new words a week as you prepare for the IELTS test.
Follow the links below to do our other collocations quizzes.
Collocations Quiz 1
Collocations Quiz 2
Collocations Quiz 3
Collocations Quiz 4
Select the correct words to complete the collocations
How did you do? Remember to write down new words and phrases in your vocabulary book to help you remember them.
If you don’t use new vocabulary, you forget it. You should record yourself answering the following questions as this will help you to remember the new vocabulary and help you to prepare for possible questions in the IELTS speaking text
. Listen back to the recording for any errors you make.
- Where would you strongly recommend for a tourist to visit in your home country?
- What is the most striking feature of the landscape where you live?
- What puts you in a really good mood?
- What is the correct way to make a cup of coffee?
- Why is it important for children to accept responsibility for their actions?
- What important issues need to be addressed in your home country?