It is much more productive to spend your time mastering collocations (words that we like to use together) as they are often idiomatic and can be used in both writing and speaking. This will greatly help you reach a band 7 and above for vocabulary.
Select the correct words to complete the collocations below. For questions you get wrong, remember the correct answer and use it often so that you don’t forget it.
- Where can heavy traffic be encountered in the town which you live?
- When was the last time you made an appointment to see a doctor?
- Are you fully aware of where your family comes from?
- Which companies from your country made the highest profits last year?
- How can someone achieve their goal of studying in a foreign country?
- Why might it be important for people to set targets for themselves?
- Why do some people make an argument for continuing use of fossil fuels?
- Why do people often draw a connection between poverty and poor health?