Today we have 8 more useful collocations for you. First
, test your knowledge with our quiz and then practice using the collocations in the practice activity. Finally
, listen to the audio to hear the collocations being used by a native speaker.
If you haven't done it yet, go back and complete collocations quiz 1.
USE COLLOCATIONS TO FILL IN THE GAPS
If you don’t use new vocabulary, you forget it. You should record yourself answering the following questions as this will help you to remember the new vocabulary and help you to prepare for possible questions in the IELTS speaking test. Listen back to the recording for any errors which you have made.
- Have you ever been angry with someone for wasting your time?
- What resources are becoming scarce?
- Do you eat at regular intervals?
- How do market forces affect the lives of ordinary people?
- Have you ever seen someone commit a crime?
- What requirements do people need to meet to go to university?
- What could be difficult about setting up a business?
- Can people make progress in life without making plans?
You can also write answers to the questions in our comments section
and we can give you some feedback on your writing.
Here are Sam and Tom answering the questions above. Use the recording to learn more about how to use the words in context
with the correct pronunciation and stress